Sunday, March 4, 2012

The 12 in 2012 Spinning Challenge , Sheep, and more

The goal of this challenge is to spin 12 lbs of yarn or 48 braids in 2012. Yes, I am getting a late start on this, but I spin so much anyway that I might be able to get close.
 The challenge was sent to me by Melissa over at String Lingo . Melissa is also part of my knitting group
.
One of my goals was already to get the lambs wool roving that I received back from Battenkill Fiber Mill from two of my ewes, Crimson and Clover. I have stated spinning the white roving, so technically I have  already started in this challenge.

This is Clover


Clover is a Wenslydale X Romney

The roving is very soft and has that Wenslydale sheen when spun.


Below is what is on my spinning wheel now.



I am spinning on a Kromski Sonata

And Finally one of the finished skeins.


Some of this yarn will be dyed, but it is so beautiful that I would like to do at least one project in its natural color.

2 comments: