Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Works in Progress Wednesday, The Knitting Like Crazy Mystery Shawl,and lamb pictures

I have started this mystery shawl KAL with some friends from my LYS and I have to say that it may be a bit too complex for me. I had already started the Holden Shawlette . I have not done a shawl yet and thought the Holden would be a good start. When the mystery shawl opportunity came up, I thought well this might be better, I can knit along with my friends. The Knitting Like Crazy Mystery Shawl 2012 involves pattern work on both the knit and purl side. I have seen the outcome of this and it is very beautiful. But being a novice knitter, I think I should first complete my Holden Shawl and then go on to conquer the Mystery Shawl.

I am also working on the Fingerless gloves "Musica"  This is a free pattern. .These are  wrist warmers for musicians, short enough for not hindering in playing instruments. My niece is currently in school studying music. I thought these would be great for practice rooms, or just to wear for fun.
This is the patterns picture.


Below is what I have finished so far. I am quite please with how it is coming out. I love doing color work. I used Patons Silk Bamboo in black and ivory. I had this in my stash, which was a pleasant surprise to find. 



Took some pictures this morning while doing chores of the sheep. These were the ones I got of those that would pose. It is hard to get them in the stalls.  Soon they will be back outside. 

The new lamb Heinz having breakfast with his mother Hope.
We have named him Heinz cause he is a mixture of 5 breeds, so he is a Heinz 57 (a saying from my home town of Pittsburgh, where Heinz is located)


My daughter Colleen feeding her bottle fed lamb Bella. This little lamb can eat.











2 comments:

  1. Don't give up on the shawl. It's not bad once you get going, as long as you don't do what I do and not read your directions well enough. If you don't know how to do a stitch, find it on Youtube. If I can help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to do it, I am watching it being worked up and it is gorgeous...just need to finess my skills :)

    ReplyDelete